Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

How to prove you are eligible for home fees

I am British citizen with a British passport. My Grandfather lives in the UK but my parents live in Africa. My father is also the director of a UK business. If I live with my Grandfather for the next three years, will I qualify for a university place at a UK residents rate?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Jeremy,

Please look at:






I am not sure how residence is proved if you are not working, not claiming benefits, not a householder, not on the electoral roll. You can contact SFE at:

They may be able to give some information.

Good luck,


Similar questions