Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Do I qualify for home fees?

I go to school in Abu Dhabi - my parents work there, but I am a British passport holder. Do I have to pay international tuition fees?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Sue,

If you have lived outside the UK for three years before starting university you are likely to be assessed as an international student for fees.

Residence is more relevant than citizenship for university fees and funding. I think it is to do with where the family taxes are paid.

Look at:




Hope this helps.


Similar questions