Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Alternative course at Firm Choice uni

I'm fairly certain I will get accepted by my Insurance choice uni. If I miss my Firm's grades by, say, 10-20 UCAS points (so I get 270 or 260 instead of the 280 I need) and get rejected, can I still ring up the uni and ask for an alternative course despite being accepted by my CI? Or would I have to reject my CI first and then go through Clearing if there is anything left by then?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Merle,

You should wait and see whether your CF university accepts you. Are you waiting for A level results on Thursday? You can try to ring your CF university to find another course there (if necessary). You would then need to withdraw from the CI course and complete the formalities with UCAS. Technically, you would be in Clearing for the new course. But don't pre-empt Results.

Good luck!


Similar questions