Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Home or overseas student?

If I am dependent of the Tier 1 visa, live and study in the UK for 3 years, would I be considered a 'home' or 'overseas' student?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Ann,

Look at:






We are not experts on visas. The university would decide which fees you should pay but if you have been living in the UK for the last three years (and not solely for the purpose of education) I think you should be eligible for Home fees. But you could contact Student Finance England (if you plan to study in England) at:


Good luck.


Similar questions