Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.


My son-in-law is a UK citizen and has been living in New Zealand for the past 3 years. Is he eligible for UK rather than international fees to do a PhD at a UK university or does it depend on the university?
Answered by Alison Patterson

It depends on residence. If he has been out of the UK for the last three years he is likely to be classed as an international student for fees.

The university makes the final decision.

Look at:



Similar questions