Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Fees for EU student residing outside EU

I am resident outside the UK/EU since 2 years. I have been resident in UK/EU and paid taxes there all my life (and happily funded other students). My parents have lived and still live in the EU (and happily fund other students there). If I come back to UK, am I eligible for home fees? I am also married to a British person so let's assume I could get British citizenship, if helpful at all.
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Jake,

Fee status depends on residence not citizenship (it is to do with where you have been paying taxes).

Look at:




Hope this helps.


Similar questions