Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

UK resident applying to Non-EU universities

I'm a student in the UK. My course includes a year abroad and I was thinking of studying outside of the EU. Do I have to pay tuition fees? Will said tuition fees be covered by student finance?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Melissa,

You would need to check individual university websites for fees charged for the year abroad. In general a reduced fee of about £1350 is typical currently.

You should be able to get a loan from SFE if you are eligible for all years of tuition.

Also look at:




Similar questions