Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Home fees for a British citizen currently living in Croatia

My son is a British citizen but we currently live in Croatia, part of the EU. Will he be eligible for student loans and fess as per a home student? Will his Croatian qualifications from High School be acceptable?
Answered by Alison Patterson
He will have to apply through UCAS and must make sure that he meets the entry requirements before applying. Use the UCAS website at www.ucas.com and read the university websites. If in doubt contact universities direct.

It is possible for a fee to use NARIC a service which gives academic equivalence of his qualifications. Go to ecctis.co.uk/naric/

On eligibility for funding go to

The rules vary between the four countries of the UK.

Similar questions