Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Paramedic sciences degree converting to medicine

My son is planning to do Biology, Psycology & PE at A level to study Paramedic Science. Would he be able to do a medical converion course later without A Level Chemistry?
Answered by Alison Patterson

You should read the information on university websites. You will also find some information on entry requirements in the UCAS Course Search at:


Click on a few courses, then click on the entry requirements tab.

I notice that the Graduate entry, accelerated course at Cardiff is open only to Cardiff University students on specific degree courses. And for Liverpool, you need to sit the GAMSAT.

Each university will have specific entry requirements. All are designed to ensure that the applicant has the necessary academic aptitude to cope with the accelerated course.

Best of luck,


Similar questions