Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Fees for English resident who has moved to Scotland.

I am Scottish but both my children were born and brought up in England. We are planning on moving to Scotland, however my daughter is starting her GCSEs this year and we don't want to disrupt her education at this stage. If we wait until she finishes her GCSEs and A levels before moving would she be eligible for free tuition? She would have been a resident in the UK for the 3 years prior to starting and living in Scotland at the time of applying. Many thanks.
Answered by Alison Patterson

You would need to contact SAAS. The rules are that you should have been resident in Scotland for the three years prior to starting university in Scotland:




Hope this helps,


Similar questions