Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Transferring credits

I am an international student and I was discontinued from university due to not being able to pass 1 module in my 2nd year. I want to continue with the same course in another university but it seems like a difficult task due to the progression rules under the UKVI. What would you advise?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Janet,

We are not experts on Visas. You must refer to:


and look at the UKCISA site at:



You may need to return home and re-apply through UCAS, but you should consider which course is best for you.

Good luck.


Similar questions