Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Retakes, reapplying amd changing course

I seem to be in a predicament. I was supposed to go to university this year, however I did not make the grade. I have decided to go back to college and take up some BTEC's which I would complete by June 2017, seeing as I have changed my courses, how should I apply to my 5 universities and should I write another personal statement? Should I remove my deferred entry place?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Francine,

If you want to re-apply through UCAS for 2017 entry you cannot hold a deferred place from a 2016 application. You will need to start again.

It is quite common now to re-apply and universities will take your application seriously. In your Personal Statement, you should explain your plans to take additional exams to put yourself in a stronger position for admission in 2017.

Good luck!


Similar questions