Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Fees for dual US/EU citizen residing in US

Would a student with dual citizenship (US/EU) residing in the US qualify for reduced home fees when attending a post graduate (MFA) program in London?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Bob,

Fees status is based on residence, not citizenship. So, unless you can demonstrate that you have resided in the UK at some time, or that you are temporarily and unavoidably residing outside the UK because of, say, your employment, you may be assessed as an international student for fees.

It might be worth checking with SFE at:


However, universities have the discretion to make the determination based on information supplied by you and generally only after an offer of a place has been made on academic grounds.

You could also check the UKCISA website:

Hope this helps!


Similar questions