Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Fees for British citizen currently overseas in British territory

I am a UK citizen currently living overseas. I will be applying, moving back to the UK, applying as a UK student, not an international student. Bermuda is British colony/territory still, and Bermudians pay UK fees.
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello George,

Eligibility to pay home fees in the UK depends on residence not citizenship.

Please look at the rules at:


Also look at the UKCISA website at:


You need to have been resident in the UK for the three years prior to starting university.

I hope this helps.


Similar questions