Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Fee status for English National moving back.

I am a duel UK and Canadian national living in Canada, just starting first year university at a local university. But my parents are divorcing and my mother wants to move back to the UK to be closer to family. I would like to be with her if at all possible, but I was wondering if there was any chance at all that I could get home fees for a veterinary course in the UK (England or Scotland). I understand that to be considered ordinarily resident you have to be living in the UK for a reason other than post-secondary education, as my move back would be for the purpose to be closer to my mother/family I was wondering if there was any possibility that this could apply to me.
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Peter,

It is the universities that determine fees status based on the information provided by you. The general rule is that you must have been residing in the UK to qualify for Home fees.

Look at:




Are you wanting to apply for entry to the first year of a Vet Science course? You should apply online through UCAS at www.ucas.com

You could contact SFE or SAAS for their interpretation:



Good luck!


Similar questions