Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Brazilian applying for British uni

Can a Brazilian student currently studying in Brazil transfer to a UK university, and can she apply for funding if she is married to a British citizen?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Chris,

Residence, not citizenship, determines eligibility for UK Government funding.

Look at:

and the UKCISA site at:

Transferring is itself quite difficult and must be arranged with a university. It is unusual in the UK because undergraduate degree courses are lock-step rather than modular, often.

I hope this helps!


Similar questions