Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Fees for EU student

I have EU nationality but I have lived in England since June 2014 and have done my A-levels here. When I apply for student finance what should I apply as? EU student, UK student? Would I be eligible for a Maintenance Loan?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Andreea,

If you are classed as a Home student you will be eligible for a maintenance loan; if you are classed as an EU student you will not.

Are you applying for 2017 entry through UCAS?

I suggest you ring the EU desk at SFE:


Best of luck,


Similar questions