Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Help with fees for international students

I am a teacher supporting a student who is Australian by birth but moved to Holland as a child. He really wants to study in the UK as he doesn't speak enough Dutch to study here. He doesn't have any family support, he is living away from them. Is there any help available to him?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Vicky,

If he is a resident of the EU he should be able to apply for a tuition fees loan, but he will not be eligible for loans from the UK Government for living costs. It would be worth contacting the EU students desk of Student Finance England:


I hope this helps.


Similar questions