Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Fees for a UK citizen in Switzerland

I need information regarding fees for an undergraduate student for their UCAS application, a UK citizen but living abroad (Switzerland) due to father's job. A property is owned in the UK since 1998 and therefore is a UK tax payer.
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Penny,

Home fees are generally based on residence not citizenship.

It is for the admitting university to decide on fees status and they make assessments on a case by case basis. They tend to make decisions only after an application has been received through UCAS (www.ucas.com)and the offer of a place made on academic grounds.

The guidelines are on the UKCISA site at:

I hope this helps.


Similar questions