Ask The Complete University Guide
Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our experts will be in touch soon.
Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.
If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.
Keeping university options open
1. If she changes her mind she will need to ask the university if they will let her; UCAS will then need to be informed (by the university, I believe).
2. Again, she will need to ask the university if they will allow it. It's probably best to approach universities with a change of mind at the earliest possible time.
3. She should contact both universities.
4. She could try contacting her Unconditional university to ask if they would consider a change of course. If they do not (and they are under no obligation to do so) she might need to withdraw and submit a new UCAS application for 2018 entry.
5. You can re-apply the following year, without prejudice. I would advise your daughter to keep a Word version of her Personal Statement which she can update to re-use in a modified version. She will also need to ask her school for an Academic Reference again. Again, check that this will be possible.
The UCAS guidance is at:
I hope this helps.