Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Fees for British citizens working abroad

I'm a British citizen with a house and am banking in the UK, but am currently working in the Middle East. What fees would apply to my situation? My intention is to move back.
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Ramela,

Universities decide which fee is chargeable, based on the rules, case law and the particulars of an individual case.

Look at:


Residence is the chief governing criterion for determining fees status.



Similar questions