Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Uni without alevels

I was wondering if you could help me. I'm currently 17 first year of college I am finding it extremely difficult and thinking of leaving after this year and hopefully will has 2-3 as levels. The only problem is I want to go to university I saw online there is a foundation degree you can do if you do not have the right qualifications to help you get into university and wondered if this is a option I could take I plan to work until I'm 18 and then go to uni and wondered if as I am 18 I could get onto a foundation degree to then help my progress on to uni. I know it's not a option that's really suggested for a person off my age but I find it hard concentration on 4 different topics and found that the foundation degree and degrees as a whole are focused on one area which I find much easier to work with.
If there's any other options you could suggest for me that would be great
Tags: universities
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Katherine
This might be a possible route for you but we would strongly recommend you talk to the support and/or careers service at your college before making any final decisions. It is difficult for us to tell what is best for you based on a brief email and your college are probably better placed to offer sound advice.

Similar questions