Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Exam requirements from an Italian student

I am English but live in Italy. Our son attends an Italian school. In his final year he takes an exam called Maturity, which is the Italian equivalent of A levels. How can we find out what grade he needs to have the opportunity of being accepted at a good English university? Also there are 2 types of schools, Liceo and Techincal Institute. Would choosing Technical Institute restrict his possibility of entrance to a good uni?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Emma,

You need to read the information on university websites. Most university websites give general entry requirements for applicants with international qualifications. It would be advisable to follow up with an email inquiry to admissions teams to check if there are any course specific requirements.

Look at:




The above are just examples. You should find similar pages on all websites.

I hope this helps!


Similar questions