Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Fees after residence for 3 years

We are currently residing in London. My daughter just started her A levels and will complete them in July 2018 - by then we will complete more than 3 years of residing in UK. Will I be paying UK resident fee for my daughter's undergraduate course or International fees?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Santosh,

It is the decision of the university ultimately. You will need to send documentation to them to support a case for home fees.

Generally, if you have been living in the UK (not solely for the purpose of education, which doesn't necessarily count as residence) for the three years immediately prior to starting university you qualify for Home fees.

I think you will be familiar with these links:



Universities tend to make decisions about fee status after making the offer of a place on academic grounds.

Best of luck,


Similar questions