Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Home or overseas student?

My son is doing his final year of A levels at an international school in France. We left the UK (N.Ireland) just over a year ago to live permanently in France. Will he be classed as EU or home (NI)? He is applying to Universities in Scotland and/or England.
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Marie,

The universities will decide fee status. You can contact SFE or SAAS for guidance at this stage:



Look at:




Best of luck,


Similar questions