Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Do you need to declare a parent who offers no financial support?

My daughter's father lives in Sweden with his Swedish wife. They offer my daughter no financial support nor will they when she starts university. Our earnings mean she will get the full maintenance grant. On the UCAS form it asks if you have a step-parent who lives in the EU, does she have to declare this if she has no support from them?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Fiona,

You must answer the questions on the form correctly. But if your daughter lives with you and her only support is from you, this should be made clear.

You can contact SFE at:

Best of luck,

Similar questions