Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Mother outside the UK, father in Scotland

My daughter (British citizen) lives with me in a non-EU country, but her father whom she visits often lives in Scotland. She will finish school outside Scotland. Can she be regarded as home student?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Ivana,

Student finance depends on residence. She should have been living in Scotland for the three years before starting university to qualify for home fees.

You could contact SAAS:


Similar questions