Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Are loans based on the absent parent too?

My ex-husband lives abroad with his new wife. He does not support her financially at all and won't while shes at university. Will she have to still have to take into consideration his country of residence and his earnings?
Answered by Alison Patterson
No, Fiona, I think he will not count as your daughter is estranged and her father makes no contribution financially or in other ways.

Call SFE:

Hope this helps.

Similar questions