Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Home student eligibility

I was born in the UK. I have lived in the UK for the last six years but am not of European nationality or citizenship and am in the UK with leave to remain. Would I be considered as a home or international student?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Marzieh,

Please read the rules at:

Generally, if you've been living in the UK for the three years before starting university, you may qualify for Home fees.

In the end it is the university that decides, based on the information you provide.

Hope this helps,

Similar questions