Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Home or overseas fees?

We live in Japan. Our son holds a UK passport and has lived in the UK from the age of 10 (with grandparents, then state boarding school). Is he eligible for home fees when he turns 18?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi David,

Residence is more important than citizenship and residence for the sole purpose of education does not count. But I think it might be possible for your son to make a case for Home fees.

Look at:

It is the universities that decide fees status based on case law, national guidelines and the information you supply to them.


Similar questions