Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Entitlement for loans by marriage

I would like to know if I meet the requirement to apply as a UK student for all loans and student's benefits if I live in UK only for three years before my course has started (EU citizen), but my husband is living in UK for the last 11 years (also EU citizen)? I know that new requirement is the 5 years, however I am curious if I may meet this condition due to my marriage.
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Nina,

I think it is a three year rule.

Look at:


Similar questions