Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Changing to a different university having already started

My son started at university this term and wants to move to a different university nearer home that he didn't apply to before. Must he leave his current university before making a new application? And should he contact his proposed universities directly or just go through UCAS?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Stuart,

He should check with the local university to see if they would accept him:
- as a transfer student (to year two if he passes his first year exams on his existing course
- as a first year entry for 2017. Ask if he'll need to make a UCAS application
- as a transfer now (it is probably too late).

He should phone direct as soon as possible.

Best of luck to him,

Similar questions