Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Scottish university fees

Our family have lived abroad on a temporary work permit for 6 years. We will return to live in our house in Scotland in the summer of 2017. My son is a UK citizen and is planning to attend a Scottish University. We are aware of the 3 year residence requirement - will he fall within any of the exceptions to this and be eligible for home fees?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Jane,

Contact SAAS:

There are special exceptions for children who were unavoidably and temporarily out of the country because of a parent's employment.

Hope this helps,

Similar questions