Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Home fees when parents were required to work abroad

I am British and had to come to south Africa to work in 2011. We are returning 2017 - would my daughter be eligible for local fees as I was required to work?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Larissa,

If you can demonstrate that your daughter was out of the UK for temporary, unavoidable reasons because of her parent's employment, universities might accept that her ordinary residence remained in the UK, thus making her eligible for Home fees.

Look at:

It is the decision of the university in the end.

Best of luck,

Similar questions