Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

What is the British equivalent of my Swiss qualifications?

I am a British citizen living in Switzerland. It is my intention to return to England to continue my studies. At the moment I live in the Italian speaking part and I have just graduated from the Swiss school system. This year I finished the Liceo, Lugano 1, where I studied the scientific curriculum, it is considered to be one of the best in Switzerland. In order for me to apply to universities in the UK I need to convert my grades into their British equivalent. I was hoping that you could either convert the grades or direct me to an organisation who can?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Applications to UK universities are made online through UCAS at www.ucas.com
Please check out
UK universities are familiar with international qualifications and will be able to convert your qualifications. For you information and guidance, the University of Cambridge publishes its entry requirements at:
Remember, Cambridge is one of the most highly selective universities. Achieving these qualifications does not entitle you to a place there. Other universities will have slightly different entry requirements. You should also check university websites for the course entry requirements for your chosen course. Contact universities if it is not clear to you. It is important that you meet the entry requirements before applying as you don't want to waste one of your choices.
Finally, go to NARIC for information at ecctis.co.uk/naric/
There is a cost for this service.
Another useful site is UKCISA at

Similar questions