Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Fees for an Australian son of a UK national and resident of over 3 years

Our family are looking to return to the UK. I will leave first with two children, my husband and son will remain in Australia so that my son can complete his VCE. He wishes to go to university in the UK. If I am a resident there for over three years by the uni year start date, would my son be eligible for home fees under category 3?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Tracy,

This is for the universities to decide.

Look at the UKCISA site:

Contact SFE:

NOTE: I have assumed you are talking about returning to England. If you are returning to Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland you should check the rules for those countries.

Has your son ever lived for a period of time in the UK?


Similar questions