Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Student unsupported by parents

My niece is in her second year at university and her father will not give her any financial support for rent etc. He unfortunately earns over £50,000. Is there any way she can get financial support as apart from a small part time job she has no income?
Answered by Alison Patterson

Has she applied for the maintenance loan through Student finance England? She will get a minimum amount.

Look at:

She should also visit her university's student finance department and discuss her circumstances with them. Most universities have Hardship Funds, or equivalent. They should be able to give some guidance.

Here is more information on fees and finance: www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/university-tu.../

I hope this helps.

Similar questions