Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Deferring two years for travelling

I want to travel before going to university but want to apply for a place for when I come back. Will a university hold my place for two years?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Angelina,

No, you can only apply through UCAS for a one year deferred place officially.

If you need help with your gap year, we have plenty of great content for you: www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/preparing-to-.../

Have fun!

Similar questions