Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Qualifying as a resident in Scotland

My step daughter wants to study Medicine or Biological Sciences in Scotland starting in 2019. She currently lives in England and plans to move up to live with me and her mother in June 2017. Will she qualify for full support while studying?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Daniel,

You need to contact SAAS.
Unless she has been resident in Scotland for three years before starting her course, she may be liable for the RUK (English) fees. But if her mother has been resident for a longer period it may qualify her for the Scottish home fee.
SAAS will make the decision and you should check with them at:

Best of luck,

Similar questions