Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Studying as a citizen but not a resident

Are there any specific conditions that have to be met if you want to apply to university as a British citizen but you are not a resident? For example: do you have to be a resident for a certain length of time before you can apply to university and not pay overseas tuition?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Frankie,

Three years is the usual residence requirements. Look at:

Universities decide about fee status on a case by case basis. In making their decisions they use case law and guidelines as well as information supplied by the applicant, but there are exceptions to the general rules.

See here for more informational about studying in the www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/international.../

Best of luck,

Similar questions