Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Fees for English resident and Irish citizen to Scottish uni

My son is applying to the University of Glasgow. He has been a resident in England since birth but is in the process of applying for his Irish citizenship. Will he pay the fees of an EU national or a UK resident?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Kevin,

Residence is more important than citizenship. I think unless he has been a resident in either Scotland or Ireland for the three years prior to starting university in Scotland he will be liable for the RUK fee.

Take a look at our tuition fees section for Scottish universities: www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/university-tu.../

I suggest you contact SAAS:

Hope this helps,

Similar questions