Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Working abroad on an international assignment

I've been working abroad for a UK-based employer since January 2012 and will be returning to the UK in July 2018. Will my son be eligible for home fees? We have owned a property in the UK for 35 years and are normally residents in the UK - other than during the international assignment.
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Mel,

Universities make the decisions on fee status based on the rules, guidelines, case law and the information you supply.

The UKCISA website is very helpful. Look at:

and, in particular:

I hope this helps.

Similar questions