Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Can you apply for student finance twice in Wales?

I have had two years previous funding at a college in Wales. I want to do a three year degree. Can i get full funding for it?
Answered by Alison Patterson
I am assuming you are Welsh and that your funding body is Student Finance Wales.

The rules are at:

I suggest you contact Student Finance Wales at:

It does appear that (unless you have compelling personal reasons to suggest you should be funded for the whole degree course) you will have to fund yourself for one year. The university may be able to help you with a payment plan so contact them direct to discuss this.

Similar questions