Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Failed degree, but want to become a teacher

I previously withdrew from my course midway through year 3 due to depression and anxiety which led to a dependency on alcohol. I returned the following academic year but I wasn't ready, the problems soon mounted and I was back where I was. I completed the year but my work was poor and I didn't obtain an honours degree and was instead awarded a DipHE with merit, based on the first 2 years where my results and work was very good. Given that I've exhausted 3 years + the 4th year of funding what are my options? I've since had counselling and I want to go into teacher training (different from my previous course subject in journalism). Please advise.
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Aaron,

I think you should look at:






It sounds as though you want to obtain a qualification but haven't the funding to allow you to apply for a degree course. I think you should look at the third link (above) and contact the Freephone telephone number: 0800 389 2500

Good luck.

Similar questions