Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Do you need a language for Russel Group unis?

Is a GCSE in a modern language an entry requirement for undergraduate degrees at Russell Group universities?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Louisa,

Not in general. Even UCL, which wants everyone to have language ability will let you do it while you are there if you don’t have a GCSE.

It may be required in some cases, such as courses with a year abroad in a non-English-speaking country.

Have a look at our Russell Group universities league table: www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables...p

Best of luck,

Similar questions