Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Undergraduate credits

I'm thinking of applying for a BSc with QTS, but I have already completed 2 years of a BSc Chemistry degree. If I do not complete my Chemistry degree, are my current credits transferable so that the course length is shortened or would I have to complete the full 3 years of the BSc with QTS?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello there,

You are unlikely to be able to shorten the length of the teaching course.

You should think very carefully about withdrawing from the Chemistry course if you are more than half way through. Talk to your tutors. They may be able to help you.

You could do a one year PGCE after a three year Chemistry course and qualify earlier than stopping the BSc and re-starting on a BEd.

You now need to take advice from parents, counsellors at Southampton, course tutors.

Also, take a look at this: www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/how-to-get-in.../

Best of luck,

Similar questions