Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Standardised tests and IELTS

I wanted to know if I have to take the SAT as a standardized test or is the IELTS the only one I need? Also can I apply to college directly after my 12th grade or do I have to complete one year of college here in India and then apply to start my undergraduate degree?
Answered by Alison Patterson

Look at the requirements: www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/international.../

You must check the information on university websites. General entry requirements are published on university websites.

Look at (for example):




You must apply through UCAS.

Look at:


Choose your course using a Course chooser:




Check that you meet entry requirements. If you cannot find all the information online please contact the university direct.

Hope this helps!

Similar questions