Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Deferring a university place but doing an access course

My son has stopped studying his A levels and has decided on doing an access course in Science. He has university offers based on A levels. How does he defer his places and let them know he's now doing the access course?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Caroline,

He needs to contact them immediately. If he's not taking A levels he will fail to satisfy the requirements of his Conditional offers. Will he withdraw from UCAS this year? He can try asking for a deferment and a new offer but as he is not registered for anything but A levels currently, this might not be possible. He may need to re-apply through UCAS for 2018 entry.

He should talk to the universities and his teachers for advice.

Take a look at: www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/universities/.../

Good luck,

Similar questions