Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

Entry requirements for a foreign mature student

I'm from Sweden and I don't know if I have what's required to get in to any university in the UK. How do I apply with my Swedish grades? If I can't do that (because they're too bad or too old), is there any test or any other way to get a higher score so I can get into university?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hi Anna,

Choose your course using a Course chooser:




Most university websites contain entry requirements for applicants with international qualifications. For example:


It can sometimes be tough to find the right page on a university website, but it should be there.

If you are applying as a mature student you circumstances are different. Your work and experience since leaving school will be taken into account.

It depends what you want to study and where.

You should contact some universities.

Are you living in Sweden now, or the UK?

For undergraduate courses, you must apply through UCAS.

Look at:


I hope this helps, good luck!

Similar questions