Ask The Complete University Guide

Search answered questions:

Do you have a question for the Complete University Guide? Email ask@thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk and one of our experts will be in touch soon.

Where appropriate, we’ll publish your question anonymously on our website and/or our social media accounts to help other students.

If you prefer for your question not to be published, please let us know in your email. Read our full terms and conditions.

American student seeking PGDE

I have a degree in Music Education but want to teach Home Economics in the UK. Are there other classes I might have to take before becoming eligible to apply for a PGDE program at a university in the UK?
Answered by Alison Patterson
Hello Carolyn,







You will need to satisfy entry requirements and you may need to take a qualification in Home Economics in order to get on a postgraduate teaching course. You should contact a few universities with Education departments to ask the best route for you.

I hope this helps!

Similar questions